http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Phil's Phworld: Hello, and welcome to Phil's Phworld

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hello, and welcome to Phil's Phworld

Phil's Phworld is quite like the world you live now. But also, its very different. It's like looking out of your window at your familliar garden through a kalidescope. There's a small bird out there. And it's staring back at you with furious anger in its tiny, birdy eyes. You're scared. You're confused. You don't know whether to keep looking at the bird or ignoring it until it goes away. This is my Phworld. Welcome.

Over the next year I'm going to be exploring the Phworld. Travelling its oceans. Meeting its peoples. Arguing with its dumb check in desk clerks. And you can join me... Not literally, of course, unless you have a couple of grand lying around the place. But metaphorically. spiritually and, most importantly of all, thousands of miles away from me. All thanks to this blog.

Needless to say: I despise blogging. Bloggers are either overly hormonal, deeply pretentious students. Or frustrated writers who seem allergic to pen and ink. Or lazy e-mailers who don't want to type out the same thing ten times. This is, therefore, why me and blogging are a perfect fit. For, you see, there is nobody more frustrating, pretentious and lazy as me.

Seriously, though, I have suffered the perils of the traveller's e-mail many times in my life. A rambling mess of facts, figures and e-mail addresses destined to clog up inboxes and incur jealous rage as travellers swan about talking about how great their travelling is. Far be it from me to contribute to this epidemic: I love writing about travels and work and letting folks know what I'm up to. But I don't want to force anyone to do the same thing if you don't want. I'd like you to read. And to make comments. I want to feel your love or, indeed, your bile in pretty comment form.

So this blog is part diary, part cheap excuse for novel writing and, also, hopefully a tool full of practical type advice on all manner of travel related craziness. From jabs to Visas. From flights to treks. It'll all be here. My findings, my mistakes, my misery and my joy. My Phworld. I hope you enjoy it too.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey, it's Anna. So I finally got around to reading all the entries on your site, yay. What a surprise I received when I ended up here at the beginning. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for reading from back to front. Loving the blogs, keep them coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home